Centralized Housing Intake
Centralized Housing Intake conducts eligibility screenings for Mercy House Shelter, Rapid Rehousing, and Homeless Prevention programs. If you wish to access our programs, please call the Centralized Housing Intake hotline at
540-271-1701. Leave a message and a CHI staff member will return your call to conduct a screening for services.
You may be eligible for Mercy House programs if you are:
- At risk for needing shelter within the next 14 days
- Literally homeless via staying in a shelter, living on the street or in a car, or in a place not intended for habitation
- Willing to partner with a case manager to build and execute a housing plan
- Willing to comply with all program guidelines
- Able to provide proof of income
- Without other resources, including alternative housing options with family or friends
If you think you might be eligible, please call the intake hotline.